Helpcontent2

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 01:55:24 PDT 2014

Hi Olivier,
Le 17/08/2014 02:04, Olivier Hallot a écrit :
> Hello guys...
>
> AFAIK we have no tool to edit the help pages for LibreOffice. The tools
> scattered here and there that I tested are broken and I end up having to
> edit the XML text file with great pain, limiting the possibilities to
> add/improve content.
>
> A feature with no help page is a hidden feature/secret for most users.
>
> OTOH, discussions on a new help system are stalled, some hickups once a
> while, since LO birth.

It's not stalled, but there is technical decisions to make (extended
tooltips for example), see our last discussion on the l10n list.

> The extension I am told to investigate is HelpAuthoring.oxt, + a SUN
> Help2 Reference Guide in PDF available in the net. The extenstion is
> broken and debate will rise to fix it or design a new help system with
> no foreseable future.
>
> So, is there *anywhere* a version of OpenOffice.org + Helpauthoring.oxt
>  known to work in Linux/windows(*) that I can install and edit
> LibreOffice Help pages?

I sent you one some times ago, and I've it installed on my Debian
working with the last LibreOffice version. But using it is a nightmare,
you have a lot to learn with the styles used, the syntax and the
structure before being able to create an article.
I would like to have a follow up in Bern with Moggi and Kendy on our
last discussion because this is something I'm concerned to push too.

Cheers
Sophie