[Libreoffice-qa] Suggestion for the use of pre-written responses

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbfaure at libreoffice.org
Wed Aug 20 11:20:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

Le 20/08/2014 14:35, Jay Philips a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Over the months of doing triaging, i've found that the best means of
> communicating with bug reporters is to have a set of pre-written
> requesting a sample document, and asking for clear steps. These
> reporter, but do come in handy at other times as well, like requesting
> they reset their profile or send in a screencast. These responses have a
> simple and short format, similar to the below.
If you are using Firefox you can use the extension Clippings which allow
you to reuse frequently inserted text fragments. There is a version of
this extension for Thunderbird too.
The database of the extension is an .rdf (xml) file. Perhaps it is not
too hard to merge a published database with an existing private
database, and QA-team could publish such a database of pre-written answers.
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/clippings/?src=search

Best regards.
JBF