[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: sw/CustomTarget_generated.mk sw/Library_sw.mk sw/Module_sw.mk sw/source

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 00:26:34 PST 2014

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:33:01AM -0800, Daniel Sikeler <d.sikeler94 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  sw/CustomTarget_generated.mk            |   34 ++
>  sw/Library_sw.mk                        |    1
>  sw/Module_sw.mk                         |    1
>  sw/source/core/inc/SwXMLBlockImport.hxx |   76 +++++-
>  sw/source/core/swg/BlockListTokens.txt  |    7
>  sw/source/core/swg/SwXMLBlockImport.cxx |  404 +++++++++++++++-----------------
>  sw/source/core/swg/SwXMLTextBlocks1.cxx |   37 ++
>  sw/source/core/swg/TextBlockTokens.txt  |    5

For OOXML, we generate a single token hash in oox and use that for
Writer, Calc and Impress. I wonder if the same would be possible for
xmloff-based importers as well: generate a single hash in xmloff, and
let all importers use that. In the long run, this could save significant
space due to not duplicating the tokens in different applications -- see
http://vmiklos.hu/blog/ooxmltok.html for the exact numbers in the OOXML
case.

It would be great to not fall into that trap for ODF: could you please
consider moving the token handler (and code generation) to xmloff from
sw?

Or if you say that even if it's based on xmloff, it's an independent
format with a few tokens only -- then why bother with code generation
and perfect hashes? :-)

Thanks,

Miklos