Failing unit test in Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

Renato Ferreira renato.wolp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 05:18:34 PST 2014

Hi Miklos,

> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/qa/extras/README describes
> how the sw export tests work. So, to manually reproduce: open the docx
> file, save it as docx, then open both the original and the saved file in
> Word, and make sure that the asserted aspect does not differ (here: one
> of the images became invisible).

Thanks! I had tried that initially, but now I think I understand the source
of my confusion: the "wrong" value arises not from the export, but from the
subsequent import. Thus it is only visible in the temporary file that the
unit test uses after importing the exported version.

More specifically, when I export manually, the XML shows the exact value of
the original document, which would pass the test, of course. It is only
when that is imported that a different value appears. A diff between the
exported version and the temporary file that the unit test generates (which
is used in the unit test to check the value) shows:

$ diff saved/word/formatted.xml unit/word/formatted.xml
35c35
<                         <a:srcRect l="17662" t="0" r="17662" b="0"/>
---
>                         <a:srcRect l="22452" t="0" r="22452" b="0"/>

This probably has to do with the fact that the exporter changes a few tags,
so that might be interpreted somewhat differently later on. I'm actually
not sure if the temporary file that I am talking about is actually an
imported version, but it is the only thing that makes sense to me.

More to the point, I opened both documents on Word and they are identical,
no invisible images at all. So maybe it is OK?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Renato.