Severe performance degradation on Linux

Jens Tröger jens.troeger at light-speed.de
Mon Dec 29 03:02:39 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm opening this ML thread based on the following two forum discussions,
none of which have yielded much resolution yet:

  http://en.libreofficeforum.org/node/9850
  https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=74332

To summarize: I run an office instance locally, headless, as a listener.
Using Python and UNO I connect to that office instance, load a test
document, and iterate over its paragraphs.

On my Mac this takes 1.5s while on Linux it takes about 45s, a severe
degradation in performance.  I could reproduce this across three
different Linux machines now consistently (Gentoo, Ubuntu).

The test document and Python script are attached to both forum
discussions, and to this email.

I have not yet started a more thorough profiling of the office instance,
hoping that raising this issue to the developers might solve the
problems.

Thanks!
Jens

--