Testing/Working on PyUNO?

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at collabora.com
Wed Feb 19 17:37:00 CET 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 17:27 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:19:53AM -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > Yet, it's the core developers who will likely be called in to answer
> > "hey my build failed with this python test, tell me what's wrong!!!"
>
> In subsequentcheck? If that should indeed be the case even then, we can make a
> separate "make pythoncheck" target.
>
> > Now you are the one being academic here.  Stick to the topic please,
> > which is whether or not Python tests should be used to test core
> > functionality.  Nobody is talking about boost here.
>
> I am talking about testing the _product_ here.

And I'm talking about what tools should be used to test what part of the
product.  I think you are at one level above us.  No wonder we are
talking past each other.

> > But to answer that question, if we discover a bug in boost, that should
> > be fixed and tested in the boost project. Not us.
>
> A bug in boost is a bug in LibreOffice. At least on Windows, but for TDF builds
> also elsewhere. And a test that finds a bug is still a good test, even if it
> wasnt written for that.

Oh, so we volunteer to carry the burden of testing all 3rd party
libraries that we ship with?  A worthy goal indeed but is that really
practical?

Kohei