Testing/Working on PyUNO?

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 19 17:59:58 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen <
bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:37:00AM -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > >
> > > In subsequentcheck? If that should indeed be the case even then, we
> can make a
> > > separate "make pythoncheck" target.

> > > I am talking about testing the _product_ here.
> >
> > And I'm talking about what tools should be used to test what part of the
> > product.  I think you are at one level above us.  No wonder we are
> > talking past each other.
>
> Yes, there is a difference between:
>
>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integration_testing
>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_testing
>
> and both have their use, but are very different beasts. I think, if we
> dont mix
> them up, we can have both, handle them differently and all be happy.

All our higher level tests are already integration tests. Only some low
level classes have real unit tests. There is a third option that is more in
the line of python and java tests and that are API tests. So making sure
that the functionality that we provide through the API is not broken. That
is fundamentally different from testing the core.