Advice needed : making options dialog slightly wider

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 9 07:54:30 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-08 at 19:40 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> I suggest for cui/uiconfig/ui/optviewpage.ui to set the property
> homogeneous to false for OptViewPage so that both boxes box3 and box4
> may have different widths. Doing that make the label "Use system font
> for user interface" not truncated when translated in French (with
> TP_WIDTH=280)

Yeah. So I used that font and looked through the options pages in
French, German and Polish and made various tweaks like selecting what
widgets should shrink if there isn't enough space and so on and they
look good to me at least now in master and 4-2 (under Linux anyway)

That doesn't mean its a bad idea to make that dialog wider. Feel free to
do that if you want, but hopefully there are no truncated labels or
similar now. Let me know if there are some I missed.

4-2-0 review for the combined bundle of .ui tweaks if all the above is
working out visually correct https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/7341/

C.