Efficient UNO component linkage & GC ...

Jan Holesovsky kendy at collabora.com
Wed Jan 22 05:56:46 PST 2014

Hi Stephan,

Stephan Bergmann píše v St 22. 01. 2014 v 10:22 +0100:

> I think there is better
> solutions for that, like providing a helper function to be called from
> the typical constructor function,
>
>    css::uno::XInterface * acquire(cppu::OWeakObject * instance) {
>      assert(instance != 0);
>      instance->acquire();
>      return instance;
>    }
>
>    css::uno::XInterface * FOO_constructor_function(...) {
>      retrun acquire(new FOO(...));
>    }

Thank you for reviewing! :-)  My problem with directly providing
arguments to the _constructor_function (and consequently to the C++
constructor) was that it was hard to distinguish whether the code
constructing the instance needs to work on an acquired interface, or
not, so thought that if we 'force' every initialization to work on the
acquired one, it leads to least trouble.

But if this is not a problem, and the implementer should be aware & make
the right choice, I am most happy; actually the resulting constructors
look really beautiful from my POV:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/7592

Thanks so much for this suggestion - if you are happy with the patch,
I'd push it ASAP to unbreak the Windows build...

All the best,
Kendy