Haiku port

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:48:23 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Kacper Kasper <kacperkasper at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am hacking on LibreOffice Haiku port and I have two questions:
> First of all, is The Document Foundation willing to accept the code of
> the port into the main tree when it is finished?

Provided that it is done properly, not overly invasive, and there is
manpower to cater to the port(*), I'd say chances are good we would
accept the patches.
But, I strongly urge you to not wait 'when it is finished'.
A big code dump is very unlikely to be reviewed favorably... I
strongly encourage to get involved early with this dev community, and
seek review of your work early to insure that you are on a track that
will allow a smooth upstreaming.

Norbert

PS: for the curious: https://www.haiku-os.org/  :-)

(*) Libreoffice is a fairly active and large project. any port will
need some sustained attention to keep up.