Haiku port

Kacper Kasper kacperkasper at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:58:59 PDT 2014

> Provided that it is done properly, not overly invasive, and there is
> manpower to cater to the port(*), I'd say chances are good we would
> accept the patches.
> But, I strongly urge you to not wait 'when it is finished'.
> A big code dump is very unlikely to be reviewed favorably... I
> strongly encourage to get involved early with this dev community, and
> seek review of your work early to insure that you are on a track that
> will allow a smooth upstreaming.

Will a github fork suffice? I don't want to send my patches upstream
because they are very hacky at the moment and wouldn't get accepted
anyway.

> (*) Libreoffice is a fairly active and large project. any port will
> need some sustained attention to keep up.

I am aware of that. I am willing to maintain it.

About the issue with UNO I mentioned: it seems it is caused by some
modules not being compiled (I compile them manually one by one now).
I'll try to make full build work and come back with the results.

Regards,
Kacper