additional dictionaries

JE G jegdev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 01:04:52 PDT 2014

Some areas of work and study require special spelling dictionaries. For
example: botany, zoology, legal, medical, computer, etc. the list goes on
and on. Many of these words should not be in a standard spelling dictionary
because doing so would make their use in the wrong place much more probable.

I have a word list of botanical names that I have compiled over the years
mainly from free online plant lists and databases. Some major sources are:
http://plants.usda.gov/
http://www.pfaf.org/
An India plant list
An Australia plant list

What are the requirements to get a word list like this into a specialized
spelling dictionary? Is there software to do it or a special format?

Thank you

John Goude
DiningOnTheWilds.com