Sort and copy results

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:54:10 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Kohei Yoshida
<kohei.yoshida at collabora.com> wrote:
> In Calc, you can go to Data -> Sort, and choose to copy the sorted
> results to someplace else, rather than the default option of sorting in
> place.

When we've deprecated/removed other features, how did we handle that
that in the Release Notes? Did we just make a note about the removal
and provide an alternate workflow?

>> > I'm just wondering if anyone would miss this feature if it got removed.

> I'd like to know they still exist though, rather than speculating that
> they still do.

Aside from clearly flagging this option as DEPRECATED in the UI and
then waiting a couple of versions before completely removing it, I'm
not sure of a great way for us to query our userbase. The enterprise
users might be even harder to query, as they might not see any changes
we make in 4.3 for quite some time.

Cheers,
--R

--