Build fail with MacOs in connectivity part

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Mon Jun 9 00:55:32 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 11:04:04AM -0700, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Julien Nabet <serval2412 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>> Now is the boost_assertion wrong or is there something else to fix?
>> (and which one?)

> I doubt the assertion is wrong there. internally we use 16 bits for
> character representation (OUString)... 32 bit wchar_t will probably
> not play well with that.

(I put these assertions.) Yes, exactly. I tried to avoid converting
back and forth, and since all tinderbox platforms built fine, I
thought I got away with it.

> how about not using --with-system-odbc ?
> any particular reason you added that ?

Well, essentially this means that TDF build LibreOffice is built with
a different ODBC ABI than the MacOS X system ODBC ABI. I think it does
not really matter, because LibreOffice never uses the "wide
characters" ODBC API. The code is there, many functions take a "shall
I use wide characters in ODBC calls" bool parameter, but it is always
called with false.

However, if I'm wrong about this, then it will fail hard, in the form
of corrupting data (character strings), because LibreOffice will
provide/expect UTF-16 when the driver will expect wchar_t (which I
expect will be UCS4/UTF-32). Maybe that's even what Julien was trying
to investigate when trying to build with --with-system-odbc?

--
Lionel