Build fail with MacOs in connectivity part

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 9 01:06:39 PDT 2014

On 09/06/2014 09:55, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> Well, essentially this means that TDF build LibreOffice is built with
> a different ODBC ABI than the MacOS X system ODBC ABI. I think it does
> not really matter, because LibreOffice never uses the "wide
> characters" ODBC API. The code is there, many functions take a "shall
> I use wide characters in ODBC calls" bool parameter, but it is always
> called with false. However, if I'm wrong about this, then it will fail
> hard, in the form of corrupting data (character strings), because
> LibreOffice will provide/expect UTF-16 when the driver will expect
> wchar_t (which I expect will be UCS4/UTF-32). Maybe that's even what
> Julien was trying to investigate when trying to build with
> --with-system-odbc?
Well, in fact I just copied pasted the autogen.input from my Linux to
MacOs to just give a try.
I had to comment every Mysql/MariaDB options since brew (a repository
manager) freezed to install mysql connector (at least for some minutes
when installing Mysql after having retrieved Boost and other components
+ build Mysql with cmake).

Julien