Build fail with MacOs in connectivity part

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 18:44:07 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:

> Well, essentially this means that TDF build LibreOffice is built with
> a different ODBC ABI than the MacOS X system ODBC ABI. I think it does
> not really matter, because LibreOffice never uses the "wide
> characters" ODBC API. The code is there, many functions take a "shall
> I use wide characters in ODBC calls" bool parameter, but it is always
> called with false.
>
> However, if I'm wrong about this, then it will fail hard, in the form
> of corrupting data (character strings), because LibreOffice will
> provide/expect UTF-16 when the driver will expect wchar_t (which I
> expect will be UCS4/UTF-32). Maybe that's even what Julien was trying
> to investigate when trying to build with --with-system-odbc?

Well, reading a bit more about it it seems to me that we
1/ use unixOdbc headers to build but at runtime on mac explicitely
load libiodbc.dylib
this is not liekly to end well.
It seems that we _should_ be building forcibly against system-odbc on
Mac... and deal with the conversion UCS4 UCS2 when on 64 bits (or
better based on the size of SQLWCHAR)

Norbert