Access2Base - New release

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 16 13:02:40 PDT 2014

Hi,

I read the whole thread and tried to understand, "tried" because I'm not
enough "fluent" in these technical/internal LO part.

Why A2B must be quickly (I mean without waiting for next LO version)
"upgradable"?
Either it's stable and so we don't absolutely need to upgrade it quickly or
it's unstable and therefore it shouldn't access to LO core parts anyway.
In first case, A2B could be bundled extension, in the second case  a simple
extension because there'll be fix upgrades to become stable (or at least
"enough stable").
So if A2B can be considered as enough stable and therefore can be a bundled
extension, it means fixes from A2B can be included in the different versions
(not only major) from LO 4.3.1, 4.3.2, etc. (like external libs)

Now about new LO version which would include last patches from A2B compared
with old LO version, yes companies should upgrade in this case or they're
still have the possibility to build LO from the sources with the required
patches, they're free to do it as we're free to try to harden LO a bit.

In conclusion IMHO b534967caca6767cd2100da363b1da2433640ddd should be
reverted.

Julien