I need to better understand our css::uno::Reference

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 05:03:02 PDT 2014

[Julien, please make sure you reply in such a way that I don't receive
multiple unrelated copies of your reply via multiple mails that do not
indicate in any way that you sent your reply to multiple recipients]

On 06/23/2014 01:44 PM, julien2412 wrote:
> Sorry for this certainly naive and humble (because I wouldn't be able at all
> to help here) question, but just by curiosity, is there some plan to rewrite
> partly/clean UNO in order to:
> - not depend on vtables implementation

No.

> - avoid to use of reinterpret_cast (and therefore possibly detect errors
> during build)

See the paragraph starting "An alternative solution ..." of my previous
mail.

> - more generally make things clearer/simplify

No.

> - (multiple inheritance but do we want/need it?)

We do need multiple inheritance, for good reasons.  (See
<http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/ooocon2004/presentations/friday/shinyhappyuno.pdf>
for details.)

Stephan