Who pressed Ctrl-Alt-Shift-D?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 07:17:21 PDT 2014

On 03/24/2014 02:25 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
>> Did anybody do that in a dev build over the course of the last couple
>> years, to use the VCL Debug Options dialog?
>>
>> If not, I'd like to just get rid of that thing.
>
> I use it. The default setting is to show the error message in a message
> box. But I want to get the error message in a window.

I assume you are developing on Windows.  What error messages are you
talking about?  I'd assumed that all debug output (tools/debug.hxx
DBG_ASSERT et al; osl/diagnose.h OSL_ASSERT et al; sal/log.hxx SAL_WARN
et al) by now goes to stderr on all platforms (where on Windows the
stderr output is at least visible when running soffice from a Cygwin shell).

> Ctrl-Alt-Shift-D to make this setting. And I use the check "Dialog" in
> the "Test Options" section. It shows you the size of the area into which
> fixed texts are written.

Is that still relevant with the .ui driven dialogs?

> But if you document what values are needed in the dbgsv.ini file, then
> the dialog itself is not needed. The documentation would have to include
> the help texts of the dialog as well.

No, I was mostly interested in removing the underlying functionality.

Stephan