Cppcheck reports Using 'memset' on class that contains ... (sw module)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 01:06:30 PDT 2014

On 03/29/2014 01:49 PM, julien2412 wrote:
> Cppcheck reported this:
> sw/source/filter/ww8/ww8scan.cxx
> 5158	memsetClass	error	Using 'memset' on class that contains a virtual
> method.
> 5158	memsetClass	error	Using 'memset' on class that contains a reference.
> 5158	memsetClass	error	Using 'memset' on class that contains a 'std::map'.

While the latter two would be real errors (though I don't see a good
reason to warn about the first), I fail to find any reference or
std::map members (or virtual function members, for that matter) in the
definition of class WW8Fib in recent trunk sw/source/filter/ww8/ww8scan.hxx.

(And it doesn't add to your confidence in Cppcheck if you see it use
such bad language as "virtual method.")

Stephan