Access2Base - New release

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu May 15 03:30:49 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 08:18:51AM +0200, Jean-Pierre Ledure wrote:
> On 13/05/2014 10:13, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>>> I presume it is compliant with the LO release policy to push the same
>>> patch also to the LO 4.2 branch ?

>> I don't think so; no new features, only bugfixes.

>> Can't an "installation as extension" override the bundled one, or
>> something like that?

> I don't see how: installing the extension on LO 4.2 makes that 2
> Basic libraries with the same name are present either in "My macros"
> or in "LibreOffice macros".

> To be used a library must first be loaded by giving its (presumably
> unique) name ??

Yes, but one might hope that when loading the library, one source is
always preferred over the other. With some luck, "My Macros & Dialogs"
will always be preferred to "LibreOffice Macros & Dialogs". But maybe
we are unlucky and it is other way round. (I think in general both
ways make sense, as long as the choice is made consistently; some
scenarios favour "priority to My Macros", other scenarios favour
"priority to LibreOffice". By "luck" I mean "LibreOffice Basic was
designed with the choice that suits our current scenario".)

> The result is LO being unstable or corrupt.

As in you tried and bad things happen?

--
Lionel