'master' 'make check' lcov code coverage report

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 08:38:42 PST 2014

markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Maybe not weekly but bi-weekly or monthly. Otherwise it will only be
> > done from time to time without a plan.
> >
> Hrm. Good point.
>

> > Even weekly would not hurt as
> > we have neither a problem with disk space or build hardware.
> >
> Cool.
>

> > You can choose whatever technology is a good fit and that you know. Of
> > course something that other people can understand and maintain is
> > preferred. A shell script sounds like a good idea for this task and
> > would simplify the handling.
> >
> Alright, I guess that means Ill have a go at it, then. So who do I need
to mail my pub ssh key and what is the hostname/ip of the machine I would
be allowed to royally mess up for this purpose ?
> ;)

Hi,

So I have something now that seems to work (doing a first test run now) on
the vm cloph kindly provided, but has no logging, error notification,
source updating, error handling, or uploading of reports.

Time for a few questions:

1.)
Where do the reports have to be uploaded to ?

2.)
What do you want the script to do when it detects a failure ? Log an error
? Send an email to an admin ?

3.)
Does the script have to handle its own source code updating ? git pull ?

4.)
If the make check (run the tests) fails, do you want the script to:

a) continue running the other tests, do a 'make -k'
a1) upload the report anyway; we rather have an incomplete report than
nothing

b) stop running the other tests, like a regular make
b1) dont upload the report; we dont want incomplete reports. log an error
or send an notification or something

5.)
Should the script log its output somewhere ?

6.)
Should I send a license/code statement to the list for the 'code', even
though this is just a shell script ?

Also, I am currently running into an lcov/gcov issue (either lcov or
gcc/gcov is giving problems) on my own Fedora vm's. It does not seem to be
triggered with the version on the vm cloph provided, so it seems I can
write the script but the issue needs to be investigated (sort of working on
it as we speak) as it might be triggered sometime in the future with that
gcc version as well I guess.

- Maarten