'master' 'make check' lcov code coverage report

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:29:52 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Markus Mohrhard
>> <markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Maybe not weekly but bi-weekly or monthly. Otherwise it will only be
>> > done from time to time without a plan.
>> >
>> Hrm. Good point.
>>

>> > Even weekly would not hurt as
>> > we have neither a problem with disk space or build hardware.
>> >
>> Cool.
>>

>> > You can choose whatever technology is a good fit and that you know. Of
>> > course something that other people can understand and maintain is
>> > preferred. A shell script sounds like a good idea for this task and
>> > would simplify the handling.
>> >
>> Alright, I guess that means Ill have a go at it, then. So who do I need to
>> mail my pub ssh key and what is the hostname/ip of the machine I would be
>> allowed to royally mess up for this purpose ?
>> ;)
>>

> Hi,
>

> So I have something now that seems to work (doing a first test run now) on
> the vm cloph kindly provided, but has no logging, error notification, source
> updating, error handling, or uploading of reports.
>

> Time for a few questions:
>

> 1.)
> Where do the reports have to be uploaded to ?
>
> 2.)
> What do you want the script to do when it detects a failure ? Log an error ?
> Send an email to an admin ?
>
> 3.)
> Does the script have to handle its own source code updating ? git pull ?

all these 3 point could be solved by putting that job under jenkins
control.. I'll have a look at doing that.

> 4.)
> If the make check (run the tests) fails, do you want the script to:

Ideally I would chain that job behind a sucessful build, so that this
does not happen
iow first fidn a 'good' commit, then submit the job....
but before that happen, the msot usefull way would be I think to just
drop that build, and retry a bit latter with hopefully a good build at
that time

> 6.)
> Should I send a license/code statement to the list for the 'code', even
> though this is just a shell script ?

This is not really part of the product we package... os just put an
appropriate open-source license statement at the to of the script.
and prolly the best is to find a place for it in 'buildbot.git'
(accessble via gerrit)

Norbert