UOF v2.0, the PRC national XML standard for Chinese Office documents--what to do with it in LibreOffice?

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue Nov 11 09:49:38 PST 2014

> So, anyone on the ESC or the TDF board have an opinion of what to do in
> LibreOffice regards UOF?

Please note that I am replying nominally in the first rĂ´le, but mostly as a
random person whose opinion has no impact on anything.

> Abandon it

+1

> and concede to provide no
> interoperability support for Chinese users?

Broken support is worse than no support.

> Should filters be removed from
> core and repackaged as an extension to externally provide document
> conversion?

If they are broken anyway, what would be the point with that?

conversion of UOF and OOXML--the Sourcforge hosted project is nominally
> OpenSource (BSD like license).  The project site is here:
> http://uof-translator.sourceforge.net/ and source is available for review.

Do I see a mention of XSLT there? I wouldn't want to touch that with a
three-metre pole wearing double rubber gloves. Reminds me of a certain
other MS-funded XSLT-based "converter" project. And their BSD license blurb
even has the same silly misuse of the term "the regents" (a clueless
leftover from "The Regents of the University of California").

--tml