UOF v2.0, the PRC national XML standard for Chinese Office documents--what to do with it in LibreOffice?

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Wed Nov 12 06:25:32 PST 2014

jonathon-4 wrote
> What happened to the Chinese language team?
> zh.libreoffice.org is in English, even though that is not on the

There is a pretty vibrant Chinese user community here:
http://www.libreofficechina.org/forum.php

And the truth is, it is not that difficult to gist most document and posting
content using Google Translate MT services as coming from ZhongZi to English
is usually very high quality--exactly what is needed to identify the mixed
code (UTF-8, or GB  encoding) that UOF seems to use.

PinYin to English presents challenges, and like most westerners I am
illiterate with ZhongZi in that my Chinese skills are limited to PinYin.
But as I'd mentioned, I've not been able to locate a specification for the
UOF v2.0 "standard" to start to  review.

Stuart