Formatting of README files

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Nov 26 15:29:39 PST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 01:16:14AM +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> I wonder if it is politically controversial to be seen as "supporting" a
> markup language, though, the antithesis to WYSIWYG... Even if it is a quite
> new and minimal markup language, that doesn't pretend to be even close to
> full-featured (like troff or TeX).

If one of our wonderful Document Liberation guys would volunteer to mentor
that, we could have an Easy Hack making LibreOffice exporting/importing
MarkDown would be awesome ...

> I can imagine the reaction among the trolling population, "oh, so
> LibreOffice developers don't like their own software, but prefer to write
> their documentation in this sixties-style markup language, ha ha ha".
>
> But yeah, one should ignore trolls. I actually like the idea quite much.

... and allows us to then direct those trolls towards that Easy Hack with a
calm and dry show-me-the-code/put-up-or-shut-up combo.

Personally MarkDown seems fine to me and we are actually already using it
elsewhere in the project (e.g. Infra docs, Redmine) IIRC.

Best,

Bjoern