AW: Anti-Virus vendors & warnings

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 08:41:20 PDT 2014

On 06/10/14 17:25, Juergen Funk Mailinglist wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>  On 06/10/14 17:15, Michael Stahl Mailinglist wrote:
>
>> so that's the "random" difference, perhaps it's because dbgutil uses
>> MSVC debug runtime?  fun...
>
> But with virus detected have with --enable-debug switch and I think the MSVC debug runtime is on too.
> But a lot off inline code is disabled.

actually, only --enable-dbgutil uses the MSVC debug runtime; the
--enable-debug just disables optimizations, turns on PDB files
(debuginfo) and enables some assertions.

--enable-dbgutil is (nowadays) a super-set of --enable-debug.

> But I have not try the new switch --diable-cve-tests, that make tomorrow

thankfully Caolan has now encrypted the RTF file that caused you trouble
in commit bd1be89c1a5fd3457b6bfe8ca78789c047820f17, so that should work now.