allow ASSERT_ALWAYS_ABORT for debug builds on windows to be true or false

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 02:19:12 PDT 2014

On 10/14/2014 10:51 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Well, I see a good reason for that. I recently saw some bibisects being done
> with Mikloss dbgutils bibisect repo[1] and they seem to contain more "git
> bisect skip"s than everything else leading to less than optimal results. Now
> the fact that the branch apparently has so many asserts that fail regulary is
> unhealthy a topic of its own. But restricting our triaging here by failing too
> early is to be avoided IMHO -- and building bibisects with local patches is
> certainly a lot worse than yet-another-configure-switch.

If I understand you correctly, you mean using that bibisect repo like

   $ git bisect start ...
   $ instdir/program/soffice
   # do something specific in LO, leads to SIGABRT
   $ git bisect skip
   $ instdir/program/soffice
   # do something specific in LO, leads to SIGABRT
   $ git bisect skip

That sounds somewhat odd, given that at least "make check" apparently
does not generally trigger failing asserts, so I would not assume that
some random "do something specific in LO" would routinely do.  Do you
have an example?

Stephan