[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes of ESC call: 2014-10-16

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Oct 20 08:45:15 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:42:54AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> ...if we also successfully abstract over the differences between
> GNU/cygwin and Windows of all those "very little tools" called from
> make recipes (like moving a file).

Well, I dont think we want to get rid of that on Linux/OSX where GNU coreutils
is a pretty natural thing to be available there. For Windows in the end, a lot
of that should possible to be covered by MSBuild:

 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7z253716.aspx

But all of that is still quite a way off and not too urgent. But we should be
moving roughly in the right direction at least IMHO (which is "build preferable
with what can be expected to be there on the target platform and which is
unlikely to change/go away").

Best,

Bjoern