[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes of ESC call: 2014-10-16

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Oct 20 09:04:52 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 06:54:48PM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> s/GNU coreutils/POSIX utilities
>
> After all, who knows what useful extensions (irony) GNU might see fit to
> provide in the future, which would then be available on (GNU/)Linux only,
> as it isn't unlikeli that Apple wants to stay with the version of coreutils
> it currently provides. And not all of coreutils is provided in OS X; some
> of the corresponding POSIX commands come from BSD.

I was just hesitant to write POSIX as Im pretty sure we are using functionality
beyond that (and that works because a lot of things work on BSD/OSX too that
arent strictly POSIX). Restricting ourselves to POSIX purity just for the
standards sake, rather than that "it should work on all platforms" seem like a
mostly futile endevour to me.

Best,

Bjoern