minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Thu Oct 30 13:23:44 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-10-30 at 20:00 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> My suggestions :
>    + fix bug fdo#85215 : done
>    + change the default value of option UpdateReferenceOnSort from true
>      to false for backward compatibility

	So - we punted this default decision to the UX team.

> Main bug reports related to this problem:

	My concern is that I don't have time to waste with interminable ranting
bug comments by all & sundry ;-) or lists of duplicates, or "change
default to this / that" - all of that is in-hand, and it is a ~one-liner
to change the default now [ and perhaps a single unit test change ].

	The only open question is: given what is in master today - are there
-well-defined- clearly specified cases that continue not to work [ with
the default set to the user's preferred state ]. Are there clear
comparisons vs. what competing products do in exactly those corner cases
too ?

	Can we get a tracker for exactly these outstanding issues and no
others ? can each of those issues be a succinct, crisp, clear statement
of a real issue with the current state of master; and nothing else =) or
(more ideally) we can confirm that there are no outstanding issues
[ modulo the non-interesting ones I outline above ].

	Thanks !

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot