minutes of ESC call ...

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Thu Oct 30 14:27:27 PDT 2014

Michael Meeks-5 wrote
>     + badly need ways to stop 'building' consuming the hack-fest (Michael)
> [...]
>         + icecream can work in the cloud ? (Norbert)
>              + not ideal in a hackfest - transferring Gb's (Moggi)

Hi!
Maybe scache could be investigated and help somehow?
https://github.com/glandium/sccache
Some Mozilla findings:
http://glandium.org/blog/?p=3235
http://glandium.org/blog/?p=3201
http://glandium.org/blog/?p=3188
http://glandium.org/blog/?p=3079
http://glandium.org/blog/?p=3054

Michael Meeks-5 wrote
>     + poke Taras wrt. UI / telemetry code re-use here (Michael)

Maybe this article can help to find good server side code for re-use
solution:
http://taras.glek.net/blog/2013/08/28/telemetry-reboot/
https://github.com/mozilla/telemetry-server/
http://mreid-moz.github.io/ is a good read in general.

Michael Meeks-5 wrote
>     + call on Tuesday; new testing hardware.
>     + result - get a Manitu server & leave room in the budget for
>       ondemand Amazon instances (with spot pricing) if there is
>       special need at some point.

Good read about Mozilla AWS costs (they use it a lot):
http://taras.glek.net/blog/2014/05/09/how-amazon-ec2-got-15x-cheaper-in-6-months/

Old stuff sometimes but I hope it helps and you all didn't read that
already...
Best regards.