help from Windows developer sought: use system ODBC headers

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Tue Sep 16 19:36:22 PDT 2014

Rather than hard-coding a path, I presume our build system has a
variable for "the path to the Windows SDK". Also, rather than me (not
having a Microsoft Windows development environment) trying "blindly"
and relying on tinderboxes to test the build, I was hoping someone
having a Microsoft Windows development environment "ready to build"
LibreOffice would take care of it.

I doubt the reference to the "Microsoft SQL Server" directories are
necessary or useful in our case. Also, this seems to be an example for
the older "Microsoft Data Access SDK" which is from... 2004
(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21995).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms692882%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
says it is now "Included with Windows" and "not available separately",
which makes me think it is in the Platform SDK.