help from Windows developer sought: use system ODBC headers

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Tue Sep 16 23:05:02 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-17 04:36 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Rather than hard-coding a path, I presume our build system has a
> variable for "the path to the Windows SDK". Also, rather than me (not
> having a Microsoft Windows development environment) trying "blindly"
> and relying on tinderboxes to test the build, I was hoping someone
> having a Microsoft Windows development environment "ready to build"
> LibreOffice would take care of it.

On my Windows virtual machine, which is currently set up according to the Windows build instructions,
     sqlext.h
lives in
     C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\um

It looks like configure.ac has logic to deal with that (at line 9557) but why it is not working I don't know.
Lionel, I'm on IRC this morning if you want me to run more tests.
I could probably give you TeamViewer access to that machine if you want.