enable-dbgutil

Anthonys Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Wed Sep 17 13:29:06 PDT 2014

On 17/09/2014 14:32, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:04 AM, nicholas ferguson
> <nicholasferguson at wingarch.com>  wrote:
>> >Thanks. There is an English language issue.  Your points #1 and #2... I
>> >don't understand what you are referring to
> It is indeed an international list.. we usually use English, but if
> that is an issue, what language would you feel more at ease with,
> maybe someone can accommodate
Libre Office is, from its roots, a German product iirc. That big
clean-up I mentioned included translating most of the comments from
German into English.

Not surprisingly, therefore, LO is a European-based product, with many
(maybe a majority?) of devs being non-native-English speakers. (It
doesn't help when Americans think they speak English :-) Besides English
(which may be a minority, as I said), I suspect a large portion of
people here have as their native language either German or a variant of
Slav.

Cheers,
Wol