4.3.x linux packages and collada support

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Sat Sep 27 10:14:09 PDT 2014

Hi Tamas,

On Sat, 2014-09-27 at 16:05 +0200, Zolnai Tamás wrote:
> It's the collada2gltf code which uses std::shared_ptr at many places
> so it would be much work to replace all of them with
> boost::shared_ptr, but actually can be done if necessary.

	Interesting; we should work out what is best to do there I guess.

>  I just thought packages are created with newer compilers, since they
> generate more better output (in theory).

	We compile LibreOffice on our oldest Linux base-line, which is
something horribly old; that is because all newer releases are backwards
compatible, but no newer release makes it easy to compile for older
systems; sad but true.

> Other thing is that I need to know whether this is the problem indeed.
> So can I know what compilers are used for packages? Are they support
> std::shared_ptr?

	Actually, I'm really surprised that this was turned off without any
discussion / notification to you. That's really not ideal; Cloph is away
on vacation just now - and we've had Robinson doing interim release mgmt
- but ... I'll push to the ESC agenda to investigate - it seems most
odd.

	ATB,

		Michael.

--