4.3.x linux packages and collada support

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Sat Sep 27 11:57:19 PDT 2014

On 27/09/14 16:05, Zolnai Tamás wrote:
> <mailto:vmiklos at collabora.co.uk>>:
>
>     On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 08:26:38AM +0200, Zolnai Tamás
>     <zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com <mailto:zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > So the only question is:
>     > Is it possible to replace the 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 linux packages with new ones
>     > which are compiled with newer compilers? (expecting this is the problem)
>     > To fix the bug mentioned above.
>
>     Isn't it possible to stick to boost::shared_ptr on -4-3, given that's
>     what other code does?
>

> It's the collada2gltf code which uses std::shared_ptr at many places so
> it would be much work to replace all of them with boost::shared_ptr, but
> actually can be done if necessary. I just thought packages are created
> with newer compilers, since they generate more better output (in theory).
> Other thing is that I need to know whether this is the problem indeed.
> So can I know what compilers are used for packages? Are they support
> std::shared_ptr?

for LO 4.3 and earlier releases the RHEL5 gcc is used, i don't remember
if it is gcc 4.1 or 4.4; we're only switching to a C++11 compiler for LO
4.4.

actually most users will use the distro provided LO packages anyway and
those don't suffer from our ancient upstream RHEL5 baseline.

anyway, std::shared_ptr and boost::shared_ptr should be mostly the same,
so "find ... | xargs sed -i ..." should be able to fix things up quite
quickly to get a patch for the 4.3 branch.