c++ app samples that communicates with libreoffice, to work with a CALC doc.

nicholas ferguson nicholasferguson at wingarch.com
Mon Sep 29 13:08:21 PDT 2014

stephen wrote:
> Did you set the UNO_PATH environment variable, as described at
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/C%2B%> >
2B/Transparent_Use_of_Office_UNO_Components>?
>   (Though my understanding is that this should not be necessary with a
properly installed LO on Windows, as the Simple Bootstrap mechanism > would
locate LO via registry entries written by the LO installation
> procedure.)

[nicholas ferguson]
To show added value from LibreOffice.  There are several restrictions, which
include
1.  Cannot write to windows registry.  So this eliminates this example
2.  Cannot make a formal installation of LibreOffice.  Again, this
eliminates this example.
3.  I can do a dev install of LibreOfffice, via cygwin.

code can always include
putenv("UNO_PATH=....path to instdir/program");

Is there an example that doesn't require writing to registry or a formal
installation of a libreoffice release?