examples to manage docs using LibreOffice as a major component

nicholas ferguson nicholasferguson at wingarch.com
Tue Sep 30 14:19:41 PDT 2014

My favorite memory of LibreOffice's high cost of entry..was to build a
release mode.

Tor and Michael insisted it worked. They even let me download a tar of a
recent set of files, that had built ok.
I duplicated their directory structure.  And my build still failed.

Wow.  So I did a forensic on the env.  And I discovered that Norton
Antivirus was isolating state files and some executables being built by the
LibreOffice build system.  So I asked Tor..hey..what brand of antivirus do
you use?  I'll switch over.  He had turned his off too.

So that alone took two to three weeks.  I even had to resort to buying a new
machine...devoted to libreoffice.  $300 machine.  Trying to solve why my
builds were failing on windows.

If an antivirus was turned on when LibreOffice staffers do builds..then they
would have had to correct something..so that Norton Antivirus would not
decide that a virus had been generated.

This is probably why Michael and Tor rememeber me for too many emails. What
the heck is going on here? I would email them.  how can you claim your stuff
builds?