Load files into Writer only?

Jens Tröger jens.troeger at light-speed.de
Wed Apr 1 04:01:20 PDT 2015

Hi,

As a follow-up to this thread, Piet (in a different thread: "Re: How
many degrees of headlessness do we need? [and LibreOffice crash]")
posted this snipped of code to open a Writer document only:

textdoc = ServiceManager.createInstance("com.sun.star.text.TextDocument")

loadURL = systemPathToFileUrl(realpath("test.odt"))
inProps = (PropertyValue("URL", -1, loadURL, 0), PropertyValue("FilterName", -1, "writer8", 0))
textdoc.load(inProps)

print(textdoc.Text.String)

textdoc.close(True)

While I couldn't use this due to a crash of createInstance(), it looks
to me as if this code would be an alternative to what we've discussed in
this thread.  I assume that loading, say, a Calc or an image would fail
here?

Cheers,
Jens

--