Jens Tröger jens.troeger at light-speed.de
Thu Apr 9 01:14:46 PDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 11:05:05AM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>      That it's loading the file as a normal text document.
>
>    But LibreOffice is not a text editor.
>
>       Instead, the 'parser' tells me that the document I'm loading is empty
>
>    Most likely some filter misrecognises the LaTeX source as its own
>    format, but then when it actually tries to load it, it (of course)
>    fails. Not sure which filter it is.
>    Unfortunately I think that the way the recognition of input formats
>    work, it is not possible once LO has decided which filter to use for
>    the document isn't what it thought after all.
>    Probably the fix for this (minor, but probably irritating to some)
>    problem is to make the filter that thinks it has recognised the LaTeX
>    source as suitable for itself more strict.
>    Anyway, don't you need to be a bit tricky on OS X to convince
>    LibreOffice to even attempt opening a .tex file?
>    --tml

The minimum expectation I have on any application that can edit text is
to load a plain text file.  A LaTeX file is plain text.  I would expect
LO to be able to handle a plain text file.

On OS X it was simple: load the file with the normal "Open File" dialog.
On OS X and Linux, I could also load that same file through the UNO API
without any problems.

Jens

--
Jens Tröger