.ODS to .XLSX File conversion bug report

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 07:54:54 PDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 9:50 AM, RamonTavarez <ramontavarez at gmail.com> wrote:
> The file attached is an .ODS file (1,976 KB).  When seved as  .XLSX file it
> expands to more than 15 MB.
>
> If the new .XLSX files is oppened with MSOffice 2013 it will ask for
> recovery of information within the file,  after that if we save the
> recovered file to the same file type (.XLSX) the file shrinks to 2,393KB.

Hi Ramon,
This mailing list is for discussion of code and programming changes to
LibreOffice. Your best bet with this issue is to start by filing a bug
report in Bugzilla and attaching the original ODS and re-saved files
(I think the 15MB file might be too large an attachment, but the
MS-Office-saved XLSX should fit):
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org

Once the bug is filed, QA will be happy to help triage and (attempt
to) confirm your bug report. if you're interested in delving-into the
code and helping to determine why LibreOffice is saving much larger
files than MS-Office, please post on this mailing list or the
#libreoffice-dev channel on Freenode IRC.

Thanks,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation
qubit at libreoffice.org
802-379-9482 | IRC: colonelqubit on Freenode