Help needed! Register activex for LibreOffice built by myself.

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 04:40:01 PDT 2015

On 29.04.2015 17:15, Hung Mark wrote:
> I've followed the instruction from the Wiki to build LibreOffice
> successfully, with autogen.lastrun as below:
>
> --with-external-tar=/cygdrive/c/sources/lo-externalsrc
> --with-junit=/cygdrive/c/sources/junit-4.10.jar
> --with-ant-home=/cygdrive/c/sources/apache-ant-1.9.4
> --with-lang=zh-TW
>
> While looking at a specific activeX issue, I tried to register
> so_activex.dll with instructions below:
>
> C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe
> C:\source\libo-core\instdir\program\so_activex.dll
>
> When opening test file ( extensions\source\activex\example.html ), a
> message indicate that class is not registered shown up. However I found
> that the so_activex has been registered in IE extension setting.

one potential problem is, we build both a 32-bit and a 64-bit DLL; if
you run the 32-bit Internet Explorer it can only use the 32-bit DLL and
a 64-bit IE needs the 64-bit DLL.

you'll probably also need to have the corresponding (32-bit or 64-bit)
MSVCRT installed.

but other than that i don't actually have any idea how ActiveX works...