class FuncData in modules sc and scaddins

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 08:20:19 PDT 2015

Hi Winfried,

On Tuesday, 2015-08-11 13:39:55 +0200, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> I'm still trying to make it possible for add-in functions to be absent in hints and the function wizard and I came across a confusing item, at least IMHO.
> In module sc there is a class named FuncData and in module scaddins there is a class FuncData, too.
> The FuncData class in sc seems to be meant to store add-in functions.

Indeed, that can be confusing, even more so because those FuncData and
most (every?) thing of sc/inc/callform.hxx and
sc/source/core/tool/callform.cxx (and also
sc/source/core/inc/adiasync.hxx and sc/source/core/tool/adiasync.cxx) is
about the old legacy binary lib/dll Add-Ins, we still support for users
who need them but don't encourage or propagate anymore.

> I would like to rename the FuncData class in scaddins to AddInFuncData or ScAddInFuncData for one thing.
> I'm interested in your knowledge/opinion in this matter.

I'd rather rename the sc FuncData to LegacyFuncData and FuncCollection
to LegacyFuncCollection to clarify things a little and not touch the
scaddins ones.

> Also, it seems that there are no functions stored in FuncData (sc).
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sc/source/core/data/funcdesc.cxx#452 for instance seems never to be called.
> Am I missing something?

Yes, a legacy binary Add-In that would trigger it ;-)

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack