Build WebDAV neon/serf: differences among the two

Giuseppe Castagno giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu
Fri Aug 14 09:07:18 PDT 2015

Hi Jan, Norbert

On 08/14/2015 05:42 PM, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> Giuseppe Castagno píše v Čt 13. 08. 2015 v 17:32 +0200:
>
>> This is a list I compiled looking at the code enabled with alternative
>> --with-webdav= value.
>
> Thanks so much for the research!  So it seems that feature-wise, they
> are the same, when we integrate your patches, right?

that's right.

>> LOCK,		y			n (wrote myself [2])
>> UNLOCK		y			n (wrote myself [2])
>
> I guess best if you push the patches for the serf part to gerrit, so
> that we can merge them to LibreOffice.

sure, will do as soon as I'm able to build at least with serf 1.2.1.

>> Of these the only one I think we will need is OPTIONS, to check about
>> what methods the WebDAV server has available, and in case of some
>> server what special WebDAV behavior is available or should be taken
>> into account.
>
> I see - could it actually help with the problem I pointed out in the
> gerrit 17189 ?

that's it.
As I said you in gerrit 17189 I'm trying to obtain the relevant info
(WebDAV or not) some other way, for the time being.

OPTIONS is a http 1.1 method, so doesn't throws errors as PROPFIND or
LOCK do when sent to a non WebDAV site.

>> Other observations.
>> Serf vers. 1.2.1 currently in LO lack NTLM (Windows) authorization.
>> Vers. 1.3.8, last available, has it.
>> Serf uses OpenSSL, Zip, apr and apr-util libraries.
>> Starting from V. 1.3.0 serf uses scons build system, not configure/make.
>> Http 2.0 is not supported.
>>
>> What I can do, if some testing is desired in LO:
>> have LO compile with serf 1.3.8 to test the behavior in Windos, as well as
>> to add in LO the lock/unlock in serf version.
>
> That would be awesome :-)

>> Currently I cannot build it, libucpdav1.so cannot link. I asked the list
>> [4] a few days ago, didn't press the matter though.
>
> It seems the command line uses -luuid; but I don't see the build log of
> building the apr, can you share that one too [probably best in the
> relevant mail thread, not to this mail].

I'll do it.

ATB

--
Giuseppe Castagno aka beppec56