Build WebDAV neon/serf: differences among the two

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 06:16:54 PDT 2015

On 13.08.2015 17:32, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
> Other observations.
> Serf vers. 1.2.1 currently in LO lack NTLM (Windows) authorization.

... which neon claims to support.

> Vers. 1.3.8, last available, has it.

> Serf uses OpenSSL, Zip, apr and apr-util libraries.

... and its long list of dependencies that we need to bundle is the one
thing i don't like about it :)

> Starting from V. 1.3.0 serf uses scons build system, not configure/make.

oh.... well there had to be a catch... i believe we don't have anything
with scons currently, so it remains to be seen if and how that will
support finding our bundled libraries instead of system libraries,
building on Windows with MSVC (and using debug runtimes with
--enable-dbgutil), cross-compiling for Android/iOS, etc.