What autogen.sh for an alternative ContentProvider for dav:// scheme?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 04:14:34 PDT 2015

On 08/25/2015 12:07 PM, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
> master was built with following autogen.sh input:
>
> --with-lang='en-US' \
> --enable-debug \
> --enable-selective-debuginfo="sal/ offapi/ tools/ unotools/ sfx2/
> ucbhelper/ ucb/"
>
> OTOH, doing the same test on a LO 5.0 production build (5.0.0.5) I got
> no error and the content provider was the WebDAV ContentProvider, net
> log confirmed it (User-Agent was LibreOffice).
>
> Is this due to a different configuration on LO 5.0.0.5 production build
> or is there a difference in ucb code?

The reason for this is
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=51e0d789c344547956764c3b5f0ef5a304f4e0aa>
"rhbz#1134285: Access dav, davs URLs via GVFS" (see commit message for
details) together with the fact that the TDF LO 5.0 Linux build uses
--enable-gnome-vfs (cf. distro-configs/LibreOfficeLinux.conf) while your
(master) build defaults to --enable-gio.

Punchline: use standard http/https URL schemes instead of non-standard
dav/davs ones.