What autogen.sh for an alternative ContentProvider for dav:// scheme?

Giuseppe Castagno giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu
Tue Aug 25 05:51:02 PDT 2015

Hi Stephan,

On 08/25/2015 01:14 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 08/25/2015 12:07 PM, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
>> master was built with following autogen.sh input:

>> Is this due to a different configuration on LO 5.0.0.5 production build
>> or is there a difference in ucb code?
>
> The reason for this is
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=51e0d789c344547956764c3b5f0ef5a304f4e0aa>
> "rhbz#1134285: Access dav, davs URLs via GVFS" (see commit message for
> details) together with the fact that the TDF LO 5.0 Linux build uses
> --enable-gnome-vfs (cf. distro-configs/LibreOfficeLinux.conf) while your
> (master) build defaults to --enable-gio.

I see, thanks for the hints.

> Punchline: use standard http/https URL schemes instead of non-standard
> dav/davs ones.

I know, I know :-)

But the main reason for asking is the way our users employ the dav://
and davs:// schemes in local interaction with a browser, as in this [1].

So probably something else is needed in local use only.

The internal scheme vnd.sun.star.webdav: may be used, though misses the
https:// counterpart (vnd.sun.star.webdavs: ?).

Or something entirely new: vnd.tdf.org.dav: / vnd.tdf.org.davs: ? :-)

In order to use pure WebDAV and not the file system mapped one.

So in the the users will have a choice (in Linux, don't know in other
platforms):

- WebDAV file system mapped: dav:// davs://
- pure WebDAV: a choice among the others I suggested above.

--
Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Castagno aka beppec56
giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu