[LIbreOffice][SDK] Help needed for a wrapper library written over LibreOffice SDK

Anurag Ghosh ghoshanurag1995 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 03:24:58 PDT 2015

Hey everyone!

I'm Anurag Ghosh, and I have been working on writing a library which
wraps Libreoffice and MS office API's into a clean interface in C++,
with the aim of submitting it into Boost C++ Libraries (I worked on it
as a part of my GSoC Project with Boost).

I encountered certain issues while working with the Libre Office SDK -

1. I could not find any way of clearing the Cell Contents of a single
cell using either XCell interface or any other interface which could
be instantiated from XCell. The closest was the XCellRange which had
clearContents() method. Could anyone help me out with how a single
cell can be cleared efficiently (such that the xCell->getType()
returns CellContentType_EMPTY after being cleared) ?

2. Also, I installed libreoffice and libreoffice-sdk on my ubuntu and
generated the includes using cppumaker. My tests run when the library
is compiled using gcc 4.6+ however with clang 3.3+, multi document
tests fail (tests which open multiple documents in a single program
simultaneously). Is this a known issue or there is some bug in my code
causing this ?

I'm sorry if this is considered as spam here. It would be great if
someone could help me here with the issues, also, any feedback on my
library would be very helpful.

The code base can be found at
https://github.com/anuragxel/boost-document. (If anyone could skim
through the code base once and suggest improvements, that would be
awesome.)

Thank You

Anurag Ghosh
github.com/anuragxel