[LIbreOffice][SDK] Help needed for a wrapper library written over LibreOffice SDK

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 06:14:37 PDT 2015

Hi Anurag,

On Sunday, 2015-08-30 15:54:58 +0530, Anurag Ghosh wrote:

> 1. I could not find any way of clearing the Cell Contents of a single
> cell using either XCell interface or any other interface which could
> be instantiated from XCell. The closest was the XCellRange which had
> clearContents() method.

You can use XText::setString() to set an empty string, which effectively
clears any content, but just only the content. The XText interface is
exported by the Cell service.

Otherwise, clearContents() IS the canonical method to clear cell content
and formatting, actually at the sheet::XSheetOperation interface which
is exported by the sheet::SheetCellRange and sheet::SheetCellRanges
sevices. You probably obtained the XCell from one of those already, so
you could obtain that one cell as sub-range using
getCellRangeByPosition() if the existing range encompasses more than the
cell(s) to be cleared.

> 2. [... clang ...]

Clang may have issues with the SDK, but I don't know details.

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack